Friday, June 17, 2011

Olympiakos sign Marcano from Villarreal

















Defender Ivan Marcano is the second addition to the Olympiakos roster this summer, as the Spaniard has come to Piraeus on a one-year-loan deal.


Owned by Villarreal, coach Ernesto Valverde's former club, the left-back arrived in Greece on Thursday and signed his contract with Olympiakos after successfully passing a medical test.

"I have chosen Oympiakos because it constitutes an incentive for me. I have spoken with [Olympiakos player David] Fuster [so] I know about the Greek league. I want us to win the title again," said Marcano.

The Santander-born player, who will be 24 years old on June 23, has earned one cap with the Spanish Under-21 team. He has a six-year contract with Villarreal, lasting until 2015, but would not mind staying in Greece for more than one season.

"Let's see how we do this season, but if I am satisfied, why not continue our cooperation?" he stated.




sportingreece