Monday, July 4, 2011

Olympiakos present Javito, Daskalakis

















Olympiakos presented two more new players on Monday, as the Greek champions continue to expand their roster.




The acquisitions of Spanish striker Francisco Javito, who played for Aris up to last season, and of Ergotelis keeper Sifis Daskalakis take Olympiakos's roster to 43 players, which means coach Ernesto Valverde will have to start letting players go as soon as possible.


Javito, who signed a three-year contract, said: "This is a great opportunity for me. I hope I can repay the trust they have shown me at Olympiakos."


Daskalakis, who signed a two-year deal with a renewal option, added: "I Know I have come to Greece's biggest club. The fact that I am the next Greek goalkeeper [at Olympiakos] after Antonis Nikopolidis, who retired, fills me with the responsibility to try harder."


Olympiakos are also eyeing midfielder Carlos Sanchez of Valenciennes and left-back Giorgos Tzavellas of Eintracht Frankfurt.






 
 
More: sportingreece