Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Basketball: Teodosic joins CSKA Moscow





















CSKA Moscow announced on Wednesday the acquisition of Olympiakos guard Milos Teodosic for the next three seasons.




As soon as the medical tests are completed in Moscow the Serb international will sign his contract that will fetch him 1.9 million euros per year.


The 24-year-old will work with former Olympiakos coach Jonas Kazlauskas and stated that "I am happy that I will be playing for one of the best teams in Europe".


He was not as satisfied when he told a Greek sports newspaper about his disappointment at having to leave the Reds.


"I feel like s**t. I am really sad to leave Olympiakos and I am angry I did not manage to win a league title for the fans to celebrate," he told Gavros newspaper on Tuesday.


"I realise club owners have decided to cut their budgets as things are not easy anymore in Greece. Nobody can say anything against the [Olympiakos owners] Angelopoulos brothers, they have done so much for the club, but I just waited for them to make even a nominal proposal to me, which never happened. I wanted to stay at Olympiakos, but that's life."


Teodosic had very modest performances in the Greek league finals against Panathinaikos, while his image was tarnished last summer when he was the protagonist at an ugly tussle during the Greece vs Serbia friendly match in Athens.

Meanwhile, reports in Italy suggested on Wednesday that Yiannis Bourousis, who left Olympiakos, has agreed a deal with Armani Jeans Milano, who have also signed Antonis Fotsis. The deal will not be implemented if Bourousis is proven to have used banned substances.






More: sportingreece