Friday, January 14, 2011

Cisse Confirms Loyalty To Panathinaikos, Snubbing Girondins De Bordeaux

Girondins de Bordeaux’s hopes of signing Djibril Cisse from Panathinaikos have been nipped in the bud by the striker, who has confirmed his commitment to the Greek club.

Reports in France on Thursday suggested that les Marine et Blanc were eyeing a €10 million bid for the international striker, who is reportedly the 2009 Ligue 1 champions’ second choice behind Lorient’s Kevin Gameiro.

 Negotiations were opened between the clubs, it has been suggested, but it’s not a move Cisse is interested in.

“It's flattering to me that a big team like Bordeaux interested in me. But today I consider myself a player of Panathinaikos,” Cisse is quoted by RMC as having said. “I don’t think I'll leave. I’ll give everything to achieve our goals this season in Greece.”

With Gameiro likely to snub les Girondins due to Valencia’s persistent interest, Cisse’s words are another large blow to head coach Jean Tigana, who longs for a proven striker to increase his team’s strength.







goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/90/france/2011/01/14/2305425/djibril-cisse-confirms-loyalty-to-panathinaikos-snubbing